Sunday, February 24, 2008

2008

I am in Hong Kong now and I just enjoyed the Chinese new year(Feb. 7th) with my family in Shanghai.

This lunar new year has been a very special one. Many areas in mainland China suffered from snowstorm, and it had turned to be the most serious one in the past 50 years. Supplies and facilities were damaged, and hundreds of thousand people heading for home for the festival were stuck in train stations in some cities.

I will graduate in one year and start my career soon. The experience with tutor/mentor connection is very helpful to me. I am glad to know that another intern from HK Baptist Univerisity will go to T/MC this summer.

I also checked the two web quests made by the interns from Korea. Personally I like the South Korea Webquest more because it offers an great opportunity to the students to touch eastern culture. It can help them establish a global view. It is very wise to have international interns from time to time working with TM/C.

- by Paul

4 comments:

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

Hi Paul,

I encourage you to use the feedback form on the Korea webquest to connect directly with the Interns from Korea. That way you can be building an Asia Connection! I have an intern this week from the University of Michigan and she's working with the service learning project you started last summer. I found the file you sent with your last email. We should have something new to show you by next week.

Good luck in your school work.

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

I've a new intern starting at Cabrini Connections. She's from Brazil and has started a page at http://chicacobraziltmconnection.ning.com/

I'll have two new interns from Korea in May and I hope we'll have another Hong Kong intern this summer.

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

I encourage you to take a look at http://www.tutormentorexchange.net/Partner/CC/Presentations/conf%20flash/project1.swf which is a presentation created by our two student interns from Korea. This illustrates how volunteers from different places can help non profits also in different places.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.