Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My first day of Cabrini Connections

My first day started a little nervous in the morning. Because it is my first time to work for the America company in U.S.
In fact, I already had two-years working experience in Shanghai, which specialized in media industry. But I am still looking for working for different sectors and full fill my life.

Dan,who is the president of Cabrini Connections ask me to introduce myself. I just want to let other staff know their new members. My name is Liye Lin, who was born in the east of China-a very beautiful city called Shanghai.
In the future, I'll post my hometown pictures and make your guys know more about my country and culture,especially for the people. I completed my undergraduate degree in Business English at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. After then, I worked for western company, which published English Finance Magazine called Shanghai Business Review. I was doing the accounting,circulation and company marketing strategy. One day, I was thinking about my life and wanted to start my new career.

Now I was there almost nine months. I'm glad to make a right decision and study at IIT, Chicago. Both of them are more interesting in my life. And also I meet a lot of friends from different countries there. We exchange the culture and mind. language is not a barrier between us, which become an universal.

I really want to learn and do some stuffs for my internship. Tomorrow I'll go to the conference organized by my internship organization at the law school of Northwestern University. It is so exciting to meet new people and talk to them.

Hope everyone knows me and I'll try to update my blog very often. If anyone is interested in my country and culture,feel free to ask me.

1 comment:

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

Thank you for joining us and adding new life to this blog. You are the third intern from China since 2006. I hope that readers will look at what was written in the past, and follow what you write over the next six weeks.

Furthermore, I hope you'll use your marketing experience to draw potential donors, such as Yao Ming, to read your blog, then read the other blogs, and use this information to motivate him to make a donation that helps us keep our team in place for another year.

Dan Bassill
President
Cabrini Connections
Tutor/Mentor Connection